Category: the Netherlands
– Many rental housing agents in The Hague are prepared to discriminate
– ICE shifts its carbon futures trading activity from London to Amsterdam
– Amsterdam maturing as a financial jurisdiction
The employee’s annual taxable salary must be more than € 38,961. To compare in 2020 it was € 38,347.
The 2021 salary thresholds for Highly Skilled Migrants (HSM), recent graduates and Blue Card holders in the Netherlands have been announced.
Starting from January 1, 2019, the 30% ruling period has been reduced from eight to five years. There is a transitional arrangement for employees who have already been entitled to 30% ruling before that date.
‘It was like a case of mistaken identity or something,’ says Irish Mary Queally, who moved in 2018 from Amsterdam back to the picturesque west coast of Ireland where she grew up, but soon felt an agonizing longing for The Netherlands.
– Face masks recommended in big cities
– Firms plead for Brexit deal as coronavirus leaves industry reeling
– EU citizens in UK could be shut out of vital services
– The 2021 budget main points: income tax cuts and investment
– Boris Johnson’s push for no deal will harm the country
– Why Britain must not become a law unto itself over Brexit
– The Netherlands is the ‘best place to be a child’
– Keep UK Employees Safe from COVID-19
– EU medicines regulator struggles with staff numbers during pandemic
– 74% of the professionals willing to work remotely
– Amsterdam travel advice: Is Amsterdam on lockdown?
– Germany scraps plans for Brexit talks at EU ambassadors summit
– Stranded spouses of H-1B workers get exemption from US visa ban
– Google remains the most ideal employer for students
– Ban on letting new-build homes at high rents
– A change for foreign graduates in the Netherlands
– Transforming learning for post-COVID times
– UK immigration hostile environment policy investigation
– Canadian visa program may lure tech workers blocked by Trump
– A top immigrant advocate on the US election
– COVID-19: Dutch State Secretary Extends Reporting Deadlines
The ministry of internal affairs has sent a proposal to the Dutch house of representatives to support tenants with a short term lease that will be ending in the upcoming months.
Most non-EU nationals are banned from entering Schengen Area member countries or Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus and Romania for a 30-day period.
The corona-crisis may bring the need for your company to use the Temporary Bridging Measure for Sustained Employment (Tijdelijke Maatregel Overbrugging voor Werkbehoud: NOW).
– Canada continues increases to immigration levels
– United States may expand jobless benefits during pandemic
– Is Gronigen an alternative to Amsterdam for expats?
Get ready for GRIN Disorder Awareness Month in March. EMG together with CureGRIN, Grin2b, and GRIN parent support groups and associations are partnering in a month-long campaign for all GRIN Disorders.
– Handing cash won’t solve Paris home prices
– UK unveils immigration overhaul for 2021 focused on skills
– Finding a job as a new expat arrival in the Netherlands
GRIN Disorders are rare genetic conditions with severe life-limiting consequences. Many GRIN patients are non-verbal, unable to walk, and many cannot feed or toilet themselves. They often suffer severe…
– Port of Rotterdam feels pinch of slowing international trade
– UK visa and immigration rules destroying links with Africa
– Dutch expat dual nationality ruling could kickstart reforms
Global HR & Mobility Market Updates
The latest global mobility: #alsjeblieftnederland, Brexit limits are hitting business hard, three months after Brexit
A group of internationals living in the Netherlands have launched a campaign named #alsjeblieftnederland. Urging the Dutch government and the EU to lift coronavirus travel limitations for family members living outside the
Are GRIN mutations rare?
March is Grin awareness month. EMG has taken its responsibility in funding research and made support available to GRIN patient and their parents. Why we choose this particular area to
March is GRIN awareness month. EMG participates!
At EMG, we want to make a difference – not just for clients but also for the community. We have chosen to dedicate time and resources to raise awareness for
We offer innovative, smart & sustainable solutions for any global mobility challenge, at transparent (value) pricing.
Browse our website and our portfolio of services,
see why EMG is your global mobility partner of choice.
Looking forward to providing a moving experience,
Nino Nelissen – Founder of EMG