Highly Skilled Migrant
The Highly Skilled Migrant (HSM) or knowledge migrant is an employee, with specific knowledge, who is recruited from outside the EU. In the Netherlands, there is a specific HSM procedure for skilled employees that have signed a Dutch employment contract.
EMG can assist in this procedure and make sure you are best prepared to follow the requirements at hand. Contact us to learn about the latest rules and conditions.
How does this work?
We will prepare and submit the immigration documents.
We coordinate any necessary appointments at the GGD for any testing (TB) and with the immigration authorities. We pro-actively inform all parties like employer and employee throughout the whole process.
Important to know:
- The employee should have a local employment contract with a company in the Netherlands;
- The company in the Netherlands has to be a so-called recognised sponsor at the IND;
- Minimum salary requirements apply. Check for the latest information on salary requirements with us.
- Depending on your nationality you will need an entry visa/MVV (provisional residence permit) and you will may have to undergo a health test (usually only for TB).
- EMG will inform you on latest requirements and will keep you posted throughout the process.
A HSM Visa (Highly Skilled Migrant) visa allows an employee to travel in the Schengen area but work only in the Netherlands.
Want to know more about the unique advantages of partnering with EMG? Contact us or let us contact you!
Global HR & Mobility Market Updates
COVID-19 Business Travels, Dutch Economy Growth and New Travel Rules – The Latest News
– COVID-19: How Should You Handle Business Travel?
– Dutch economy grows faster than forecast, households have more to spend
– The Netherlands’ new travel rules
International Students, Europe’s Financial Centre and Long Haul Travel – The Latest News
– More international students arrive in Netherlands as pandemic restrictions ease
– Amsterdam’s rise as Europe’s next financial centre
– Dutch working on plans to make long haul travel an option again
Register for the 2021 Global Workforce Symposium
Global Workforce Symposium 202One is about bringing the industry together as one and it’s time to celebrate all that global mobility professionals do to keep the world moving.
We offer innovative, smart & sustainable solutions for any global mobility challenge, at transparent (value) pricing.
Browse our website and our portfolio of services,
see why EMG is your global mobility partner of choice.
Looking forward to providing a moving experience,
Nino Nelissen – Founder of EMG