Highly Skilled Migrant
The Highly Skilled Migrant (HSM) or knowledge migrant is an employee, with specific knowledge, who is recruited from outside the EU. In the Netherlands, there is a specific HSM procedure for skilled employees that have signed a Dutch employment contract.
EMG can assist in this procedure and make sure you are best prepared to follow the requirements at hand. Contact us to learn about the latest rules and conditions.
How does this work?
We will prepare and submit the immigration documents.
We coordinate any necessary appointments at the GGD for any testing (TB) and with the immigration authorities. We pro-actively inform all parties like employer and employee throughout the whole process.
Important to know:
- The employee should have a local employment contract with a company in the Netherlands;
- The company in the Netherlands has to be a so-called recognised sponsor at the IND;
- Minimum salary requirements apply. Check for the latest information on salary requirements with us.
- Depending on your nationality you will need an entry visa/MVV (provisional residence permit) and you will may have to undergo a health test (usually only for TB).
- EMG will inform you on latest requirements and will keep you posted throughout the process.
A HSM Visa (Highly Skilled Migrant) visa allows an employee to travel in the Schengen area but work only in the Netherlands.
Want to know more about the unique advantages of partnering with EMG? Contact us or let us contact you!
Global HR & Mobility Market Updates
The latest global mobility: #alsjeblieftnederland, Brexit limits are hitting business hard, three months after Brexit
A group of internationals living in the Netherlands have launched a campaign named #alsjeblieftnederland. Urging the Dutch government and the EU to lift coronavirus travel limitations for family members living outside the
Are GRIN mutations rare?
March is Grin awareness month. EMG has taken its responsibility in funding research and made support available to GRIN patient and their parents. Why we choose this particular area to
March is GRIN awareness month. EMG participates!
At EMG, we want to make a difference – not just for clients but also for the community. We have chosen to dedicate time and resources to raise awareness for
We offer innovative, smart & sustainable solutions for any global mobility challenge, at transparent (value) pricing.
Browse our website and our portfolio of services,
see why EMG is your global mobility partner of choice.
Looking forward to providing a moving experience,
Nino Nelissen – Founder of EMG