Highly Skilled Migrant
The Highly Skilled Migrant (HSM) or knowledge migrant is an employee, with specific knowledge, who is recruited from outside the EU. In the Netherlands, there is a specific HSM procedure for skilled employees that have signed a Dutch employment contract.
EMG can assist in this procedure and make sure you are best prepared to follow the requirements at hand. Contact us to learn about the latest rules and conditions.
How does this work?
We will prepare and submit the immigration documents.
We coordinate any necessary appointments at the GGD for any testing (TB) and with the immigration authorities. We pro-actively inform all parties like employer and employee throughout the whole process.
Important to know:
- The employee should have a local employment contract with a company in the Netherlands;
- The company in the Netherlands has to be a so-called recognised sponsor at the IND;
- Minimum salary requirements apply. Check for the latest information on salary requirements with us.
- Depending on your nationality you will need an entry visa/MVV (provisional residence permit) and you will may have to undergo a health test (usually only for TB).
- EMG will inform you on latest requirements and will keep you posted throughout the process.
A HSM Visa (Highly Skilled Migrant) visa allows an employee to travel in the Schengen area but work only in the Netherlands.
Want to know more about the unique advantages of partnering with EMG? Contact us or let us contact you!
Global HR & Mobility Market Updates
The Latest News on Remote Work, New U.K. Immigration Route and Immigration to Canada
– Encouraging Civility Among Remote Employees
– New U.K. Immigration Route for Hong Kong Nationals
– Canada’s Doors are Open, But Entry is Challenging in 2020
The Latest News on Canadian Visa Program, US Election and Covid-19
– Canadian visa program may lure tech workers blocked by Trump
– A top immigrant advocate on the US election
– COVID-19: Dutch State Secretary Extends Reporting Deadlines
The Latest News on COVID-19, Skill Gaps and American Workers
– COVID-19 has surfaced these skill gaps: now we need to fill them
– Employees Look to HR to Evaluate COVID-19 Data Before Reopening
– Judge Rules U.S. Companies Can Be Sued for Preferring U.S. Workers
We offer innovative, smart & sustainable solutions for any global mobility challenge, at transparent (value) pricing.
Browse our website and our portfolio of services,
see why EMG is your global mobility partner of choice.
Looking forward to providing a moving experience,
Nino Nelissen – Founder of EMG