A major Dutch tax planning opportunity is available for employees recruited from abroad (or temporarily assigned to The Netherlands). This planning opportunity is known as the 30% ruling.
This ruling is a forfeit reimbursement of extraterritorial costs without the need of additional evidence. However, when granted, the extraterritorial expenses cannot be reimbursed anymore free from tax.
When granted, other advantages are:
- Easy exchange foreign drivers’ license into a Dutch one for the employee as well as his family members;
- Choice for partial foreign resident taxation;
- Possibility of free reimbursement of costs for recognized international schools
The down side is that the gross salary will be reduced with a maximum of 30% and, consequently, the base for gross salary related benefits, like social security, pension accrual etc. will be reduced accordingly.
EMG has a special arrangement with the Dutch tax authorities, of which the most important advantages are:
- EMG is authorized to assess the applications on behalf of the tax authorities.
- Although a formal granting letter of the tax authorities is still required, it will take usually only about 1 to 2 weeks after filing the application to receive this letter, where the normal processing time can take up to 13 weeks.
Want to know more about the unique advantages of partnering with EMG? Contact us or let us contact you!
Global HR & Mobility Market Updates
The Latest News on Digital Workplaces, British Expats and Pro-immigration Brexit Britain
– Will digital and physical workplaces coexist post COVID-19?
– British expats are denied banking as Brexit passports set to end
– Is Brexit Britain pro-immigration?
The Latest News on Dutch Budget and No-Deal Brexit Harm
– The 2021 budget main points: income tax cuts and investment
– Boris Johnson’s push for no deal will harm the country
– Why Britain must not become a law unto itself over Brexit
The Latest News on Children in The Netherlands, COVID-19 and European Medicines Agency
– The Netherlands is the ‘best place to be a child’
– Keep UK Employees Safe from COVID-19
– EU medicines regulator struggles with staff numbers during pandemic
We offer innovative, smart & sustainable solutions for any global mobility challenge, at transparent (value) pricing.
Browse our website and our portfolio of services,
see why EMG is your global mobility partner of choice.
Looking forward to providing a moving experience,
Nino Nelissen – Founder of EMG