A major Dutch tax planning opportunity is available for employees recruited from abroad (or temporarily assigned to The Netherlands). This planning opportunity is known as the 30% ruling.
This ruling is a forfeit reimbursement of extraterritorial costs without the need of additional evidence. However, when granted, the extraterritorial expenses cannot be reimbursed anymore free from tax.
When granted, other advantages are:
- Easy exchange foreign drivers’ license into a Dutch one for the employee as well as his family members;
- Choice for partial foreign resident taxation;
- Possibility of free reimbursement of costs for recognized international schools
The down side is that the gross salary will be reduced with a maximum of 30% and, consequently, the base for gross salary related benefits, like social security, pension accrual etc. will be reduced accordingly.
EMG has a special arrangement with the Dutch tax authorities, of which the most important advantages are:
- EMG is authorized to assess the applications on behalf of the tax authorities.
- Although a formal granting letter of the tax authorities is still required, it will take usually only about 1 to 2 weeks after filing the application to receive this letter, where the normal processing time can take up to 13 weeks.
Want to know more about the unique advantages of partnering with EMG? Contact us or let us contact you!
Global HR & Mobility Market Updates
The latest global mobility: #alsjeblieftnederland, Brexit limits are hitting business hard, three months after Brexit
A group of internationals living in the Netherlands have launched a campaign named #alsjeblieftnederland. Urging the Dutch government and the EU to lift coronavirus travel limitations for family members living outside the
Are GRIN mutations rare?
March is Grin awareness month. EMG has taken its responsibility in funding research and made support available to GRIN patient and their parents. Why we choose this particular area to
March is GRIN awareness month. EMG participates!
At EMG, we want to make a difference – not just for clients but also for the community. We have chosen to dedicate time and resources to raise awareness for
We offer innovative, smart & sustainable solutions for any global mobility challenge, at transparent (value) pricing.
Browse our website and our portfolio of services,
see why EMG is your global mobility partner of choice.
Looking forward to providing a moving experience,
Nino Nelissen – Founder of EMG