A major Dutch tax planning opportunity is available for employees recruited from abroad (or temporarily assigned to The Netherlands). This planning opportunity is known as the 30% ruling.
This ruling is a forfeit reimbursement of extraterritorial costs without the need of additional evidence. However, when granted, the extraterritorial expenses cannot be reimbursed anymore free from tax.
When granted, other advantages are:
- Easy exchange foreign drivers’ license into a Dutch one for the employee as well as his family members;
- Choice for partial foreign resident taxation;
- Possibility of free reimbursement of costs for recognized international schools
The down side is that the gross salary will be reduced with a maximum of 30% and, consequently, the base for gross salary related benefits, like social security, pension accrual etc. will be reduced accordingly.
EMG has a special arrangement with the Dutch tax authorities, of which the most important advantages are:
- EMG is authorized to assess the applications on behalf of the tax authorities.
- Although a formal granting letter of the tax authorities is still required, it will take usually only about 1 to 2 weeks after filing the application to receive this letter, where the normal processing time can take up to 13 weeks.
Want to know more about the unique advantages of partnering with EMG? Contact us or let us contact you!
Global HR & Mobility Market Updates
AstraZeneca Doses, Speed Limit Reduce and Not All AI Is Really AI – The Latest News
– Dutch Government is sending all the remaining AstraZeneca doses abroad
– Amsterdam to reduce speed limit to 30 km/h
– Not All AI Is Really AI: What You Need to Know
Xpath.global interview with Nino Nelissen
Nino Nelissen, Managing Director and Owner of Executive Mobility Group (EMG), had an interview with xpath.global.
Watch the interview on youtube.
House Prices, Anti LGBTIQ Laws and Post COVID-19 Employee Benefits – The Latest News
– New Record: House prices rise by nearly 13% in May
– The Netherlands joins condemnation of Hungary’s new anti LGBTIQ laws
– Redefining employee benefits post COVID-19
We offer innovative, smart & sustainable solutions for any global mobility challenge, at transparent (value) pricing.
Browse our website and our portfolio of services,
see why EMG is your global mobility partner of choice.
Looking forward to providing a moving experience,
Nino Nelissen – Founder of EMG