A major Dutch tax planning opportunity is available for employees recruited from abroad (or temporarily assigned to The Netherlands). This planning opportunity is known as the 30% ruling.
This ruling is a forfeit reimbursement of extraterritorial costs without the need of additional evidence. However, when granted, the extraterritorial expenses cannot be reimbursed anymore free from tax.
When granted, other advantages are:
- Easy exchange foreign drivers’ license into a Dutch one for the employee as well as his family members;
- Choice for partial foreign resident taxation;
- Possibility of free reimbursement of costs for recognized international schools
The down side is that the gross salary will be reduced with a maximum of 30% and, consequently, the base for gross salary related benefits, like social security, pension accrual etc. will be reduced accordingly.
EMG has a special arrangement with the Dutch tax authorities, of which the most important advantages are:
- EMG is authorized to assess the applications on behalf of the tax authorities.
- Although a formal granting letter of the tax authorities is still required, it will take usually only about 1 to 2 weeks after filing the application to receive this letter, where the normal processing time can take up to 13 weeks.
Want to know more about the unique advantages of partnering with EMG? Contact us or let us contact you!
Global HR & Mobility Market Updates
COVID-19 Business Travels, Dutch Economy Growth and New Travel Rules – The Latest News
– COVID-19: How Should You Handle Business Travel?
– Dutch economy grows faster than forecast, households have more to spend
– The Netherlands’ new travel rules
International Students, Europe’s Financial Centre and Long Haul Travel – The Latest News
– More international students arrive in Netherlands as pandemic restrictions ease
– Amsterdam’s rise as Europe’s next financial centre
– Dutch working on plans to make long haul travel an option again
Register for the 2021 Global Workforce Symposium
Global Workforce Symposium 202One is about bringing the industry together as one and it’s time to celebrate all that global mobility professionals do to keep the world moving.
We offer innovative, smart & sustainable solutions for any global mobility challenge, at transparent (value) pricing.
Browse our website and our portfolio of services,
see why EMG is your global mobility partner of choice.
Looking forward to providing a moving experience,
Nino Nelissen – Founder of EMG