The social security position of an employee living in one country and working in another, as well as employees on foreign assignment, can be rather complicated.
A combination of local rules and international treaties will define by which social security system an employee is covered.
A vital issue to address is the social security position of the employees (and their family members) living and working in different countries and of employees temporarily assigned to another country.
As a rule of thumb, the employee will be covered by the social security system of the country he is working. Provided certain conditions are met, the employee can remain exclusively covered by the home country social security system.
It is recommended to obtain social security advice on time for employees moving abroad and for employees living in one country and working in another country (or countries).
Our social security services comprise planning, advice on Dutch social security coverage, implementation of non-Dutch social security charges in the Dutch (shadow) payroll, claiming Dutch social security benefits.
Want to know more about the unique advantages of partnering with EMG? Contact us or let us contact you!
Global HR & Mobility Market Updates
The Latest News on Remote Work, New U.K. Immigration Route and Immigration to Canada
– Encouraging Civility Among Remote Employees
– New U.K. Immigration Route for Hong Kong Nationals
– Canada’s Doors are Open, But Entry is Challenging in 2020
The Latest News on Canadian Visa Program, US Election and Covid-19
– Canadian visa program may lure tech workers blocked by Trump
– A top immigrant advocate on the US election
– COVID-19: Dutch State Secretary Extends Reporting Deadlines
The Latest News on COVID-19, Skill Gaps and American Workers
– COVID-19 has surfaced these skill gaps: now we need to fill them
– Employees Look to HR to Evaluate COVID-19 Data Before Reopening
– Judge Rules U.S. Companies Can Be Sued for Preferring U.S. Workers
We offer innovative, smart & sustainable solutions for any global mobility challenge, at transparent (value) pricing.
Browse our website and our portfolio of services,
see why EMG is your global mobility partner of choice.
Looking forward to providing a moving experience,
Nino Nelissen – Founder of EMG